About Louise Brodie
Ochre Works is run by Louise Brodie. Her tertiary qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, University of Cape Town (1986),
- A Higher Diploma in Library and Information Science, University of Cape Town (1987)
- Honours Degree in Journalism, University of Stellenbosch (1988).
- In 2015 she also completed a short course in Web Design presented by the University of Cape Town.
- She has been working in the fresh produce sector since 1997.
- Louise is currently doing her Masters Degree in Journalism through the University of Stellenbosch
Louise is the South African correspondent for German publication Fruchthandel, the biggest fresh produce magazine in Europe. She has also contributed to British Fresh Produce Journal, Dutch AGF Vakblad Magazine and Spanish/French Eurofresh Magazine.
Louise has written 14 complete publications for clients within the fruit industry. She has her own standing column in the South African Fruit Journal “the last Word” and is also a regular contributor in the South African Fruit Journal on a wide range of topics. Louise was awarded the Izethelu Award for excellence in Journalism by the Deciduous Fruit Producers’ Trust in 2007.
Freshpix photographic library – www.freshpix.co.za
Louise has a considerable collection of photos with a wide range of subjects. This includes fruit varieties, nurseries, production, production scenery, harvesting, logistics, receivers, close up studies and other associated topics. The collection is continuously expanding and the availability of these images facilitates the production of promotional material.
She also regularly undertakes photoshoots for clients as per request. In 2008 she had a highly successful solo exhibition of her photographs and has completed numerous large scale block mounted photographic projects for corporate clients.
With ongoing graphic design over 15 years, Louise has a wide range of experience in this field, processing a project to the print ready stage and working with printers to produce the completed printed product.